Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Year Realizations

this shot was taken by the munchkin with his new digital camera the grandparents gave him for christmas....I cannot tell if it is him or me, I think it is me but then it looks alot like him today he woke up and was doing math without flashcards or paper or finger counting, he was negotiating his show watching with me and I said 2 shows, he said 5....then he said well it is only 3 more than you want, so I did every variation of 5, what is 5 minus 4, if you have 3 and add two how many do you have, he went back and forth with the correct answers and partials of 5 until he realized it was eating away at his show time before we went to the play group and off he went, later today i revisited the whole subtraction and addition and he was not even looking at me and said the right answer while rolling a truck on the floor......so he may not be 4 but he seems to understand the concept of addition and subtraction in some natural organic state with the correlation to numbers.

1 comment:

family is first said...

He never ceases to amaze me. He is truly miraculous.