Wednesday, January 27, 2010

the things you see

I left the house to head for work today in carson city, nevada....it was breaking clouds, not sunny yet but working on it and when I got to the nevada state line the snow on the road was growing and the clouds were looming rather than dissipating....so when i began to climb through glenbrook and saw nevada plows working the roads, I was literally jaw dropping shocked to encounter a man on a motorcycle riding up the grade....I followed him all the way to carson city, some 16 miles through falling, blowing snow, fog, freezing air and large SUV's creating waves of muck for him to drive through.....he wobbled often but never dropped the bike or stopped.....he had to be freezing.....so surprised me, I think this is the only motorcycle rider i have seen on the road in snow or cold temperatures, seeing them in summer, no surprise.....fall, spring all normal....but January winter? a first

1 comment:

family is first said...

You were scaring me when we were on the phone and you were describing this scene right in front of you.