Sunday, March 29, 2009

bread

For whatever reason we spent most of last 10 days without bread in the house, just how it happened, not sure, I could have made bread, but did not, just was not inspired, then friday I bought some truckee sourdough and this morning had toast with gina marie cream cheese, I am just so in love with the cream cheese but the bread was so good for me that missed it all week! we had tortillas, burritos, tacos, pasta, we are not avoiding carbs it just was an odd time, the only grocery store I went to was costco and I do not normally buy bread there, so I did not, then realized I was missing bread but never went out for it, just tried to make do, which made our pantry lighter for the use of the tortillas, pasta, rice, but still shocked how good toast can be! the gina marie cream cheese is made by sierra nevada cheese co, and has only 3 ingredients, milk, salt and cheese culture, it is just the best! (local and good) double blessing there!

2 comments:

Alice said...

Do you really make your own bread?? Care to share a recipe or two? Any good recipes or tips on making rolls???

Kate said...

I love homemade bread, but sometimes I am just not in the right mood to make it. Toast is something so yummy, but so many people have forgotten how good and simple it is! And that cream cheese sounds amazing!