Sunday, October 18, 2009

Natural encounter

I have been stalking the fall colors, trying to capture them at just that right moment......so we have had many sojourns into a variety of trails around our home, the light is usually wrong, the leaves hide from me, sick of seeing me I am sure.....but this day, this moment, with the sun high enough to illuminate some leaves and some trees displaying orange and gold I was happy with some of my captures of trees and shadows and leaves......then just as we were about to head back home, I heard another photographer say the magic word "BEAR" we ended up staying another 2 hours and taking tons of photographs, most a blur, badly composed or too dark to see the bear......this is my favorite capture, our 3 year old and I watched this large mama bear pluck a salmon, yes the salmon are running and there is a gate right where we were....the bears know how to fish and especially with trapped fish!.......the baby had eaten some 4 already on its own, but this moment we saw the mama put a fish in the baby's mouth......nature, nurture and noble!

3 comments:

SHELLEY said...

MICHELLE,
JUST WANT TO LET YOU KNOW HOW WONDERFUL YOUR UPDATES ON YOU AND YOUR LIFE ARE. THEY ARE TRULY A HIGHLIGHT TO MY DAY...YOU ARE SUCH A WONDERFUL, TALENTED WOMAN...HOW I WISH WE LIVED NEARBY. YOUR LITERARY SKILLS ARE EXCEPTIONAL, WHAT A GREAT STORY WITH THE VINTAGE PHOTO....

SHELLEY said...

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED THE PHOTOS OF TAYLOR CREEK AND EMERSON AND THE BEARS!! HOW MUCH FUN HE MUST HAVE WITH YOU....

Liz Harrell said...

Wow! What a fantastic picture!