Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Bear dining al fresco

Let me just say, I never thought I would get good photos of a real , live wild bear....more or less of one fishing with its mouth from taylor creek and catch not just one but two salmon, the bottom photo shows the fish in his mouth...........I am a lousy photographer and was soooooo excited to see the bear not run when all of us viewers started snapping photos.............and loudly talking, I had a fear of a charging bear so I was never quiet in my conversation, nor did I enter the water or get any closer to this bear, he did walk in the water about 20 foot closer to me than when he hopped off the log, but it was mostly in calm walking manner, then the bear just refocused on the fish and ate one while watching the rest scurry, and after the bear caught the second he kept it in his mouth and wandered off into the tall grass, enough for me, we moved along!

No comments: